After years of waiting for decent Taipei Scenery, we have it. Taipei, capital of the multi-million technology center Taiwan. PacSim did an incredible job on Manila (Ninoy Aquino) having lived there and being to the airport several times, they did a darn good job! Taipei is no different, just like Manila, modeled city, highly detailed airport and all by one guy. We will have a full in-depth review for you in a couple of days. You can read the full product description and information on Taipei airport below. For now, sit back and enjoy your new toy! You can buy it here for $35.
Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (IATA: TPE, ICAO: RCTP) formerly Chiang Kai-Shek International Airport, also known simply as Taoyuan Airport or C.K.S. Airport, is Taiwan’s major international gateway located in Taoyuan County, about 40 km west of Taipei City, Taiwan.
The airport is the main international hub for China Airlines and EVA Air. It is also home to TransAsia Airways, V Air and TigerAir Taiwan.
In 2014, the airport handled a total of 35,804,465 passengers and 2,088,726,700 kg of freight making it the 11th busiest airport worldwide in terms of international passenger numbers and 5th busiest in terms of international freight traffic. The busiest international routes from Taoyuan Airport in 2014 were Hong Kong (6.9m), Tokyo (2.2m), Osaka (2m), Shanghai (1.7m) and Seoul (1.6m).
There are currently 2 operative terminals in Taoyuan Airport. Terminal 1 has 18 gates and is divided in Concourse A and Concourse B. It was opened in 1979 and renovated in 2012. Terminal 2 was opened in 2000 and is divided in Concourse C or South, and Concourse D or North. Terminal 1 and 2 are connected by two people mover lines, connecting concourse A to D, and B to C. Both terminals are connected via Skytrain shuttle.
The airport is currently near its maximum capacity and congested. Terminal 2 is under an expansion to increase the terminal capacity by 5 million passengers. The runways and jetbridges are being expanded in order to allow regular A380 flights. So far only one A380 jetbridge has been implemented at Gate 2C. There are some plans to build a new terminal, Terminal 3, at the airport which will see a projected increase of 45 million passengers by 2020.
There are more than 50 airlines operating at Taoyuan Airport, with destinations worldwide. The airlines with more passenger traffic in 2014 were:
– China Airlines (10.2m)
– EVA Air (7.6m)
– Cathay Pacific (3.9m)
– TransAsia Airways (1.2m)
– China Southern Airlines (1m)
The countries with more passengers in 2014 were:
– China (8.1m)
– Japan (7.2m)
– Hong Kong (6.9m)
– United States (2.1m)
– South Korea (1.8m)
- Accurate terminal (1 and 2) buildings concourses, hangars and airport layout;
- Taoyuan and Dayuan cities/districts and suburbs represented;
- Updated/extended runways 05R/23L and 05L/23R and connecting taxiways. Added HD custom runway and apron/tarmac textures;
- Custom vegetation and objects;
- 3D grass throughout airport area;
- High resolution (7cm-30cm pixel) photoreal textures covering over 1026 sq mi.;
- Color-corrected ground and water textures to reflect real-world land and water colors;
- Accurate hand-placed autogen that conforms with city, town, district, and farm grids;
- Major landmarks and high-rise buildings;
- Custom night light effects and street lighting throughout the airport and surrounding areas;
- Rotating beacons;
- Animated windmill farms along coastline;
- Animated Skytrain (behind concourses);
- Static local ground service equipment, cars and planes;
- AI ground vehicle conforms with real-world road grid;
- Fully optimized for steady/smooth simulation experience. All autogen can be set to the 100% with very little impact on FPS;
- ….and more.
- The Taiwan Taoyuan Int Airport was developed on a medium system for medium to high-end computers, and was tested on WinXP, Vista, Win7 and Win 8.1 (32/64 bit) platforms with medium to high-end graphic cards.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP1, SP2/Acceleration). FSX Gold highly recommended to see all scenery objects and effects. Or, P3D v2.5, OR FSX Steam Engine.
- Pentium IV 2.6 GHz (2GHz Duo2Core Intel and above or equivalent advised)
- 1 GB RAM and above recommended
- 256 Mb DirectX 9 graphics card (512 Mb or higher recommended)
- Word for Windows or Adobe Acrobat® Reader 6 minimal to read and print the manual.
- 1.5GB minimum useable hard disk space.
RECOMMENDED SIM SETTINGS
Frame rates from scenery complexity and autogen settings were averaged at 30fps. This includes moving sliders 100% to the right. Lower settings yielded much higher frames, but our recommendation is Dense to Extreme Dense for exceptional rates. Since the scenery is 15/30cm/pixel photoreal, it is highly recommended that Mesh Resolution be set at 1 meter within FSX Display Settings (slider 100% to the right). Texture Resolution should also be set at 30cm and above (or slider 100% to the right).
Recommended Sea and Road AI Traffic settings:
There are AI boat traffic throughout the coastal waters of the Taoyuan and Dayuan areas. To maintain exceptional level of FPS, it is recommended that leisure boats be set at 30% or less. AI road traffic should be set at below 25%.
Known Third Party Compatibility Issues.
There is reported (known) issue with Orbx’s FTX Vector files, resulting in unwanted duplications with RCTP custom objects and default Microsoft vector files. If you have FTX Vector, and see bridges appearing with (beneath or above) our custom bridges, simply run the FTX Vector tool to exclude its vector file bridges.
PRODUCT DISCLOSURE and DISCLAIMER
Similar to any Flight Simulator (FS) Addons, this product may have issues that are either default (Microsoft-related) or developer-related. Issues that are MS-related, whether documented or undocumented are many, but we can only speak for our product. Although there are no micro-stutters or huge lag in fps as tested, it is advisable to lower the Water Effects within FSX Display Settings to High 2x. and set Autogen down to respectable levels for fluidity. These are recommended for lower to medium-end systems, however the scenery is meant for sliders maxed at 100% peak for those computers who can afford the high level scenery design.
No technical issues were encountered during various beta tests, whether hardware or software- related. Instructions for installation of software are straightforward; however, venturing outside bounds of recommended installation and use is at sole discretion of End-User. We will not bear responsibility for issues resulting from installation of the product, in part or full, into former Flight Simulator platforms which includes FS2004 because the product is not backward compatible. Furthermore, we will not be held responsible if files are altered within software for any reason associated with End-User taste or choice.
The product is Non-refundable for these and various other reasons.