After being announced unofficially at FlightsimExpo last week, Orbx has now officially announced their London City Airport (EGLC) for X-Plane 11. This will be Orbx’s first ever airport made completely with PBR textures.
London City Airport is the closest airport to central London, with a famously steep approach. Most commonly EGLC will see Embraer’s, A318’s or Dash 8’s operating routes domestically and around Continental Europe.
Other features of this scenery include animated traffic on the roads in the surrounding area of the airfield, and the airport itself will feature static aircraft. Another ground breaking feature alongside the full PBR is the ‘Dynamic Fire & Rescue response – fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach’.
Sometime in the close future, Orbx will release this airport over on Orbx Direct for $32.96 AUD. Orbx has recommended purchasing and having TrueEarth GB South when using this airport. The airport will work regardless of TrueEarth South however, there may be missing/misplaced items or conflicts.
- Full HD PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- All new highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and all surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response – fire service will respond when an aircraft emergency is declared on approach. Fire trucks will deploy to your aircraft position once on the ground