MK Studios has announced the release of their Dublin (EIDW) scenery for Prepar3D v4 today. The major airport of Ireland is now available to us in a payware format, hosting a whole catalogue of routes around Europe as well as long haul flights to the USA and the Middle East. The airport also serves as a base for Aer Lingus and the infamous Ryanair. Dublin is available to purchase for EUR23.00 (without VAT) from Simmarket.
Just last week Vatsim announced that their new audio codec was being integrated into their network. This was handily just in time for Cross the Pond, which takes place on October 26th. Also handily, MK Studios has released their Dublin scenery just in time for people to get a hold of it and fly to it during CTP Eastbound.
Their Dublin rendition provides a fully detailed Dublin airport and its surroundings. With a detailed AFCAD, 300 custom objects, PBR, terminal interiors, dynamic lighting, SODE jetways and Orbx Global/Vector compatibility. A full list of features will are displayed below.
Full list of features:
- “Fully detailed rendition of Dublin airport and it’s surroundings,
- Up to date ground layout and stands according to the real world changes,
- 25cm/pixel satellite resolution for the airport area (!),
- 50cm/pixel satellite resolution for the approach area,
- Mesh coverage for the airport surroundings,
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions,
- Detailed AFCAD adjusted for AI addons,
- More than 300 custom objects placed around the airport,
- Over 72 000 accurately placed autogen buildings,
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways,
- Full PBR implementation for the airport buildings,
- Terminal interior model (simplified for maximum performance),
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway center line lights, approach lights including correct brightness and weather/time based visibility conditions,
- Optimized Dynamic Lightning,
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and on the ground,
- Compatible to all major traffic add-ons,
- SODE jetways and windsocks supported,
- Fully working VGDS docking system for GSX users!
- FTX Ireland compatible,
- ORBX Global/Vector compatible,
- Optimized to take advantages of new P3D V4.5 HF1+ features.
The scenery is compatible with P3D V4.5 HF1 and higher due to advanced PBR implementation”
It looks to be a fantastic scenery that is will optimised. Along with, the use of latest scenery technology such as PBR, it’s certainly a scenery to add to your shopping list. It can be purchased from Simmarket for EUR23.00 (without VAT).
Article by Tom Bews