After having multiple teasers and previews of this scenery, on April fools day Orbx has decided to release Innsbruck! As seen in the previous previews of LOWI it looks fantastic, specially with all the surroundings being modelled. If you would like to pick up Orbx Innsbruck then head to OrbxDirect where for $39.95 AUD it can be yours.
“A destination that needs no introduction, Innsbruck is one of the iconic airports of the world, with a jaw-dropping backdrop, heart-stopping approaches and location smack dab in the heart of Europe. Acclaimed developer Jarrad Marshall (KPSP/KEGE/KMRY/KJAC/KSEZ/YBCS) has created something truly unique with his first European destination. Within the scenery’s extraordinary coverage area (our largest to date), explore the peaks and glaciers of the Austrian Alps, the picturesque Inn, Wipp and Stubai Valleys, the historic Brenner Pass and even Germany’s tallest mountain, Zugspitze. Over a dozen towns and villages dot the Tyrolian landscape, and of course the city of Innsbruck has been created in immaculate detail. Innsbruck Airport itself is the country’s third largest and is a true multi-purpose field; where else will you see busy airline schedules competing for space alongside corporate hi-flyers, rescue and leisure helicopter crew, general aviation flyers, recreational glider pilots and even frequent Red Bull visitors? Try your hand at the infamously tricky Rwy08 approach, test your aircraft’s performance with a mid-summer departure, or explore the hidden valleys from one of the five bonus heliports – there really is something for everyone. As always, Jarrad has innovated new techniques to tweak the very best performance possible, in order for you to enjoy the airport alongside your favourite hi-end aircraft addons. From the huge coverage area down to the smallest details, Innsbruck truly is the home for all flyers. Far more than just an airport!
- Ultra-detailed rendition of LOWI
- Enormous 2500km2 coverage area at 1m/60cm/30cm with 10m DEM
- Five additional heliports including LOJO, LOIU, LOJT, LOIN
- Over 160+ Landmarks and POI in coverage area
- 30km of animated train routes
- Custom HD GSE exclusive to Innsbruck
- Crisp 2048 textures for priority buildings
- Highly detailed and AI-ready APX by Graham Eccleston
- Advanced AO, rendering and night lighting techniques
- City centre and many other focus areas in high detail
- Over 20 custom bridges and overpasses
- All-new static aircraft types unique to Innsbruck Airport
- Ultra-HD groundpoly
- Huge extended coverage area 275km diameter
- Painstakingly optimised for best performance across all sims”
For more information visit the Orbx Website.