The F27 ‘Friendship’ was designed and first flown in the 1950s and is still in service today, such is its reliability and versatility. A new update was released for the Fokker F27 Friendship which includes full Prepar3D V3 Support. For the full change log and instructions on how to install the service pack – visit the JustFlight website.
“What is new in this update?
IMPORTANT! If you have added additional liveries above those supplied by default then these will be lost during re-installation of the F-27 Friendship. You will need to re-install these after installation.
- Numerous improvements to autopilot (airspeed hold mode now adjusts pitch to maintain airspeed rather than using the autothrottle to adjust power)
- Numerous improvements to flight director (operating correctly but only operational in lateral modes)
- Installer support added for Prepar3D v3
- Texture mapping issues – fixed
- Improved sound-set
- Tool included to toggle default Flight Simulator fuel pump
- Standby AHI bank indicator missing – fixed
- Rear wheel chocks added, nosewheel chock repositioned
- Turn indicator under reading – fixed
- Left fuel flow gauge over reading – fixed
- Fuel trimmer tooltip and logic – fixed
- Livery panel lines adjusted
- Altimeter textures adjusted for improved readability
- HSI TO/FROM indicator added
- New DX10 compatible light effects added
- Engine ignitor clicking sounds added to virtual cockpit
- Altimeter pressure subscale now indicates MB and INHG
- Gauge backlighting can now be switched on during daylight hours
- FDE modified to add simulation of propeller ground fine
- Default GPS popup added
- Paint kit updated to add missing weathering (available here – http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/fd13410)
- Engine intake textures fixed
- Hole in fuselage when viewed through rear passenger door – fixed
- Port flap animation fixed
- New textures for overhead panel fresh air vents
- VHF receiver lights still illuminated with electrical power off – fixed
- Rear passenger door frame textures fixed
- Sounds added for seatbelt and no smoking signs
- Clickspot added to captains seat to hide/show armrest for better access to centre pedestal
- PDF manual updated to reflect software changes, including updated tutorial flight with updated and added/altered operational procedures. Please re-read the manual and fly the tutorial flight to fully see and understand the changes and improvements.
Installing this service pack:
1. Please download the F-27 Friendship installer from your account page on the Just Flight website.